September 16, 2011
If you have a wonderful caregiver and want her to know how much you appreciate her, here are some ideas (courtesy of our good friend Michelle LaRowe):
1. Gift your nanny an individual membership to the International Nanny Association. For $35, she'll have the resources and support of this non-profit educational association for professional nannies. www.nanny.org
2. Send her to the spa. Nothing rejuvenates and re-energizes like a little pampering at the spa.
3. Have the children make her a special gift. It could be a drawing, a video, a card, a ceramic mug, etc. It'll be a fun project for the kids and it'll mean the world to your nanny.
4. Share a meal. Take her to a restaurant or prepare a homemade meal at home.
5. A surprise day off. If your nanny works long hours and has to spend her weekends taking care of personal errands, she may really appreciate a day to truly rest.
6. Professional development. Professional nanny associations offer conferences that provide attendees with educational and networking opportunities. Consider helping your nanny attend one of these career-enhancing events.
7. Give a gift card. A gift certificate to your nanny's favorite store at the local mall is the perfect gift if you're not sure what she wants/needs.
What you give doesn't really matter -- as long as she feels important and appreciated.